New Best Buy Photography Workshop Tours
Before our recent trip to Europe and much to my excitement, our teen son began to show a great interest in increasing his photography skills. We purchased him a new Panasonic Lumikx G7 mirrorless system with a couple changeable lenses at our local Best Buy and headed off together as a family on a 6-country, 16-day whirlwind through Europe via planes, trains and rental cars.
I’ve been shooting photos since I was in 6th grade and won a science fair for my project on photography and had my first film SLR by age 15. My first international trip to China in 1999 I remember an entire carry-on bag dedicated to my slide film rolls. I was shooting professionally and involved in art shows until I hung up my Canon strap for my first iPhone when I had our second son.
(this post is sponsored in partnership with Best Buy)
I’m still passionate about digital imaging and digital photography, and thrilled my sons are picking up the photo bug. Sometimes, the kids will take better advice from someone other than mom. That’s why I’m super excited to announce the NEW Best Buy Photography Workshop Tours, for photo bugs of all ages all over the USA!
These tours will be taking place Seattle, San Diego, Houston, Atlanta, Tampa, New York City and Minneapolis on July 28. There will also be tours October 20, 2018 and January 19, 2019.
NEW Best Buy Photography Workshop Tours – for Intermediates
– Available in Seattle, San Diego, Houston, Atlanta, Tampa, New York City and Minneapolis on 7/28
– These are half-day excursions where you’ll get the chance to work with pro photographers & our Camera Experience Shop experts to conduct 4 individual photo shoots.
– You’ll get to test & try an array of lenses & accessories to truly unleash what’s possible with photography, learn to think like a pro & walk away with some amazing photos.
– At the end of the day in addition to lunch you’ll get a bag of camera goodies + if you share your photos on social media with the #BestBuyPhotoWorkshops you’ll be entered to win Best Buy gift cards or a dream photography package!
– The events cost $50 – but you’ll easily make this up with the giveaways, lunch, transportation, and the priceless opportunity to work with pros!
Free In-Store Photography Workshops – for Beginners
– Do you want to improve your photo game but you’re not quite ready for the Tours? Start with a free in-store photography workshop!
– Only 2 hours long, these will cover the photography basics & allow you 1:1 interaction with our Camera Experience Shop Experts to walk through your camera’s settings
Once you’re done, take the next step into the upcoming Photography Workshop Tours on 10/20 and 1/19. You can sign-up to be notified when these go live for registration in the fall/winter.
All of this is possible thanks to Best Buy’s Camera Experience Shop.
– It’s essentially like visiting a specialty camera store, right in the middle of your local Best Buy
-They have expert help in the form of our Camera Experience Shop Experts who go through intensive photography training & are all photo enthusiasts themselves
– There’s an expanded assortment of cameras, lenses & accessories that you won’t find in other locations. Plus you can get hands on with all the cameras & test and try them in the store
What are you waiting for? Improve your photo skills today!