You can find all of the information about our 2016 Vote for Travel Series on this page. To help you find what you’re looking for you can click on the links below to jump to the right content.
- Our 3rd Annual Travel Series – Vote for Travel
- Our Wonderful Sponsor
- Meet my Friends, the Writers
- Our Schedule for the Vote for Travel Series
- Our fantastic Partner for this series
- Giveaway details and terms
When I first had the vision for WordTraveling, a few things I knew for sure:
- I wanted to help others (you!) travel well, on budget, and on purpose. I truly believe we are building world changers with each journey.
- I wanted to create a place of community, right here, for other faith-filled, like minded travelers. A virtual coffee shop.
- I would be meeting some amazing people along the journey, and I wanted to share their stories, too!
Now in it’s third year, I’m jumping for joy that my annual travel series has grown to include truly incredible blogging friends, many of them dear friends “IRL” through travel.
You’re going to be blessed by the words and wisdom throughout this series.
One lucky family is going to win the trip of a lifetime to the amazing Beaches of Ft. Myers/ Sanibel! All the details for this 4-night stay are below.
Even though I live in “the Happiest Seaside Town in America” (as voted by Coastal Living magazine,) with each mile and adventure, the desire for another adventure grows. Mostly because I’m beyond excited to continue to share tips, tricks, and inspiring stories with you. Bookmark this page, share it with your friends, and come back any time you feel the urge for the road less traveled.
Pack your bags! Welcome to Our Third Annual Travel Series – Vote for Travel.
Grab your coffee and check back every day to be inspired.
Vaya con Dios~
|Tonya Prater||Erin Smith|
|Katie Hornor||Betsi Hill||Allie O||Marcy Crabtree|
|Kathy Balman||Sami Cone||Amanda Huffman||Paula Schuck|
- May 1st – Vote For Traveling Kickoff! The first day of the series, I’ll be bringing you an overview, right here on Word Traveling.
- May 2nd – I’ll be sharing Vote for Unplugging While Traveling over on Intoxicated on Life
- May 3rd – Desiree Miller (Stress Free Baby) will be sharing Vote For Travel as the Best Gift
- May 4th – I will be sharing Vote for Florida Family Travel over on Sunshine and Hurricanes
- May 5th – Tonya Prater (The Traveling Praters) shares Vote for Empty Nest Travel
- May 6th – Amanda Huffman (Airman to Mom) shares Vote for Disneyland Travel.
- May 7th – Erin Smith (South to Southwest) explains how to have a vacation near your home in Vote for Travel in Your Own Backyard.
- May 8th – Betsi Hill (Betsi’s World) will slow things down in her post, Vote for Slow Travel by Sailboat.
- May 9th – Katie Hornor sings Paradise Praises for her current country in Vote for Travel to Mexico.
- May 10th –I will be over on Meet Penny sharing Vote for Budget Family Travel.
- May 11th – Gina Dunklebarger from Vacation Maybe makes a splash with Vote for Impact Travel.
- May 12th – Marcy Crabtree shares Vote for Travel by Train: How to Plan a Road Trip with an Amtrak Rail Pass on Ben & Me
- May 13th – Get back to nature with Kathy Balman (Kathy’s Cluttered Mind) in Vote for Nature Travel.
- May 14th – I’ll be over on Homeschool Freebies sharing Vote for Educational Travel in your Homeschool.
- May 15th – Sami Cone will share Vote for Travel with Uncommon Kids.
- May 16th – Allie Olsen will encourage you to Vote for Travel to Historical Places.
- May 17th –Vote for Long Term Family Missions Travel will be shared by Donna Shenk (Hey Donna)
- May 18th – Paula Schuck (Thrifty Mommas Tips) shares Vote for Special Needs Family Travel.
- May 19th – My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary, so let’s raise a glass and for Vote for Wine Country Travel with Kids on We 3 Travel
- May 20th – Vote for Healthy Eating While Traveling will teach us how to eat healthy away from home by Dawn Rofrano (Spoonful of Health).
- May 21st – Karen Dawkins (Family Travels on a Budget) encourages us to Vote for Travel off the Beaten Path.
- May 22nd- Maggie Miller from Family Frugal Fun shares some reasons to Vote for Travel to a Theme Park
- May 23rd – Dani Shankenberg gets us excited about Florida Gulf Coast Travel.
- May 24th – Hit the road with Shannon Entin (100 Routes Across America)as she shares Vote for Road Trip Travel.
- May 25th – Keryn Means (Walking on Travels) shares Vote for Solo Mom Travel With Kids.
- May 26th – Renee Gotcher (Next Generation Homeschool) suggests inviting the grandparents along for the ride in Vote for Multi-Generational Travel
- May 27th – Jenn Porsche provides some tips in Vote for Large Family Travel.
- May 28th – Robin O’Neal Smith provides insight into keeping teens happy when traveling in Vote for Traveling with Teens.
- May 29th – Phyllis Sather enlightens us with Vote for Travel – Enjoying the Journey, Not Just the Destination.
- May 30th – Nedra McDaniel (Adventure Mom) shares Vote for Adventure Travel.
- May 31st – Vote for Family Travel by Heather Lopez (I Love Family Travel)
A special thank you to the Beaches of Ft. Myers/ Sanibel for sponsorship of this series and the awesome giveaway. All opinions of the bloggers, including Word Traveling, are purely unbiased.
The Prize- Total Prize Value: $1500
One (1) winner will receive
- Four (4)-night stay at the Sanibel Inn on Sanibel Island, which includes complimentary bike rentals. One (1) room for two (2) adults, and up to (2) children valued at $1,300. Blackout dates—entire month of September 2016 as some construction will be taking place. http://www.theinnsofsanibel.com/sanibel-inn/
- Tickets for two (2) adults & up to two (2) children to Edison & Ford Winter Estates, providing the option for a guided or self-guided tour, valued at $72. Winners will enjoy touring 20 acres of historical buildings and gardens, as well as Edison’s Research Lab and Museum. No blackout dates. http://www.edisonfordwinterestates.org/
- Tickets for two (2) adults & up to two (2) children on a 1.5-hour Caloosahatchee River Tour, provided by Pure Florida. Winners will learn about the history of the Caloosahatchee River and the exploits of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, and may encounter dolphins, manatees, bald eagles, and more. No blackout dates, must make reservations in advance. Tickets valued at $128. http://www.purefortmyers.com/river-cruises/
Total Prize Value: $1500
CONGRATULATIONS TO JENNANN HAYDEN!
JennAnn –Your email address on your entry was wrong!
You have until 6/9/16 to email us at wordtraveling (at) gmail dot com to claim your prize or it will go to the next randomly selected entrant.
Terms and Conditions
Stay excludes the month of September, 2016. Call the resort for availability for all other dates.
Gift certificate expires May 1, 2017.
No refunds for unused portions.
Prize does not include: transportation to and from the Beaches of Ft. Myers/ Sanibel, to the resort, room-service, or any other additional fees.
No cash value.
Rules and Guidelines:
No purchase necessary.
One raffle winner will be selected randomly.
Recipient responsible for transportation to and from the Beaches of Ft. Myers/ Sanibel.
Winners will be selected randomly and your chances of winning are based on the number of entry points you acquired against the total number of entries for this giveaway.
18 years of age and older.
Winner responsible for any applicable taxes.
US and Canada residents only, excluding residents of the Provence of Quebec.
Winner will be notified on this post and must respond to the notification to confirm their prize within the time specified in the email or it will be awarded to the next randomly chosen entrant (Usually 7 days).
Entry will be validated for authenticity.
Gift certificate will be mailed to the winner.
Official Rules (link to rafflecopter rules).